In 2019 here are the 5 main reasons people won’t buy from you. I could write the whole day about each of these, but here’s the short version.
- They don’t want what you’re selling – Your product is trash, or else you’re just not solving a problem they care enough about. Great marketing of a poor product is one of the fastest ways to destroy your company. You’ll turbo charge your own negative word of mouth – especially in this digital world we live in. If the value of your product isn’t immediately obvious, all hope is not lost. You’ll need to engage in some education based marketing. Take the opportunity to teach prospects about the problem as well as you unique solution over time.
- They don’t know that you’ve got it – You need to get louder, clearer and more consistent. Let me ask you a question, how many of your Facebook friends actually know what you do? Oh…they’re not in your target market? Fair enough, but how many decision makers and those who influence them actually know you exist?
- They don’t want it from you – You need to re-position yourself. If you’ve got a terrible reputation, a weak offer or a really strong competitor, this can happen quite easily. People who want what you’re selling don’t want it from you.
- They don’t believe you – You need to raise your credibility. If people don’t believe the claims and promises you make in your marketing, you’re in trouble. This happens more often than you might think. Back up your claims with proof and make your promises more believable – for example, by being more specific. If you can’t do that, make sure you have a ridiculously strong “risk reversal”, or guarantee.
- They can’t afford you – You need to improve your market targeting or work on the perception of your product or make it easier to buy. Of course, pricing is a huge part of your positioning or marketing strategy
Most entrepreneurs or businesses i work with are losing money in two or three of these areas. You?