Here are a few things to remember when starting a business and how the Bizsetup kit can help you.
Analyze your business idea by doing a SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities & Threats) analysis. (Bizsetup Kit: Get strategy templates and guides to help you along the process)
Get a professional brand designed. Go for a credible, professionally done look – not artistic expression. Your brand should be then be applied to your stationery designs and all future communication your business has with anyone. (Business setup Kit: Comes with pre-designed or custom designed brands by highly skilled and experienced designers, marketers and researchers)
Decide on your business location. Having an office (even a home office) can be a great credibility and convenience advantage for your business. (Bizsetup Kit: We’ll setup an Office Host facility for you in a prime town location. Giving you access to a receptionist, boardroom, office, computer, printer etc – all on a as you need basis. That means you can start going instantly with an office and staff support.)
Identify your competitors.
TIP: Go through the newspapers and look at their adverts, call a few and pose as a potential business. What are they doing well? What mistakes are they making? What offers are they making in their advertising? How can you be profitably different?
Develop a marketing plan. Formulate a strategy on how you’ll penetrate your market place. Start with the 5 Ps
- a) Product – what are you really selling, what’s your offering? Define it the way your customer thinks of it.
- b) Promotion – how will you let people know of your products? Newspaper advertising, website, fliers and brochures, email marketing, SMS marketing etc
- c) Place – Where are you selling from. For example you can sell a slice of cake from a Hotel, restaurant, coffee shop, mobile service etc
- d) Price – how will you charge. Note: you don’t have to be the cheapest unless that’s really the best strategy for. Many Zimbabwean Businesses do well by being the most expensive – especially in the Service industry.
- e) Positioning – How you present yourself to your market. Your brand personality or character. Who and how do your want to be though of as. This is a combination of projected values, communication strategy and actual delivery.
Create your business (register your name, incorporate the business, etc.) (Bizsetup Kit: Along with your registration, get a set of free transaction and financial management templates to get you going from day one)
TIP: Avoid a shelf name a much as possible. Rather take the time to register a name that either indicates what you do, how you do it differently or the values of your business. For example “Business Setup Group” informs you almost immediately what we’re involved in. This makes brand building both easier and cheaper. Find our Business Name Guide on http://www.bizsetup.wordpress.com
Build a web site. There are many reasons for this, especially early on in your business. It’s one of the most strategic, effective and flexible an affordable means of communicating your business to potential clients and partners, both locally and internationally.
Tip: You may not need a massive and expensive website like big corporate. Get a mini site instead. It will act as an online brochure with many uses. Call us (011 661 853 for more info)
Set-up corporate e-mail accounts
Get business cards, letterheads and compliment slips if necessary. Don’t communicate like an amateur, do it professionally. Having a proper
Team Building. How will you attract, recruit, manage, motivate and transact with the people you need on your team? Be sure to manage your staff professionally from day one, to ensure high performance. (Bizsetup: We’ll provide you with ready made templates, guides and forms to help you do all this and more. All the hard work – systems, templates and policies, already done for you.)
Actually the Business Setup Kit helps you do all this very fast and effectively – even if you haven’t before. It’s the only package of it’s kind in the country. For more info,
download our brochure or give us a call on 011 661 853/ email:email@example.com