There’s a guy running around filling people’s heads with nonsense about all sorts. He calls himself ‘Society’ among other names.
He’s the one who came up with the line ‘but everybody’s doing it’ to help you explain why you should be allowed to do things you know are wrong.
But that’s not all.
Society is also responsible for many other smart ideas like:
- “The world is flat”
- “Give us Barnabas – kill Jesus”
- “Forget self control, just dish out condoms”
- “Gay and in love? Make that man your bride!”
- “Their skin is different. Let’s make them slaves”
- “What? Your pregnancy is inconvenient? Abort, abort!”
- “Over 18? Now you can!”
- “This shockingly well-organized universe… it’s just an accident”
- “Want land? Kill the white farmers”
- “Prostitution hard to control? Just legalize it”
You’ve heard about that last one right? In South Africa recently he’s got them convinced to legalize prostitution. This in a country with insanely high rates of sexual crime, in a region with the highest AIDs infection rates, in a time when the marriage institution is falling apart and values like faithfulness are dying. Still who cares about all that –
Prostitutes have rights!
And with 2010 World Cup just around the corner, they should be allowed to make money too, right? Well society seems to think so. What’s next?
“Psycho Serial Killers Rights?”
The point is this – ‘society is lost – very’. And so are you if you follow. Now more than ever we need individuals who are able to rise above society norms and make positive changes. People who can tell the truth from a lie, even if the lie is more convenient.
But to do that, to truly become outstanding, you’ll have to face one of society’s most powerful lies. “It’s Impossible, you’re being unrealistic”.