Other Popular Posts
- Why Should we talk about You? All about word of mouth for your business.
- What are your REALLY selling? If you think it’s your product/service…you’re wrong!
- The Arnold Schwarzenegger Marketing Lesson. True Story – why people don’t believe that I’m Arnold Schwarzenegger and why they wont buy from you.
- Download My Book: Cash Baron Secrets. Do you know the four secrets of business leverage and marketing success? Free Download, No opt-in!
I’m a BIG Albert Einstein fan.
My wife knows this, thus when shopping recently, she came across a T-Shirt with good ol Albert on it, she got it for me (thanks sweetie). It’s a perfect fit, great colours and…
I now consider it my ‘thinking t-shirt’ (others prefer ‘thinking caps’)
Anyway, it’s all got me thinking about some of the things Einstein said and how they apply to your business and entrepreneurial life. So here goes… 3 Einstein quotes with my genius comments on each!
Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds.
Wanna be a somebody? Want to triumph over mediocrity? Get ready for criticism. It’s that simple. The people around you may not be ready or willing to make that journey of transformation with you. i say…
- If they work for you…inspire them. If they won’t be inspired – fire them (or at least demote them off the management team)!
- If you work for them, inspire them. if you haven’t enough influence, change jobs. Better yet, consider starting your own business!
“A person starts to live when he can live outside himself.”
Amen! The biggest hinderence to success for most people isn’t a lack of talent, skill, knowledge or even a great idea. It’s certainly not because they lack money. It’s often selfishness – but WAIT. Before you say “ah that’s not me” take this quick 3 point test
- Are you more in love with your idea and your product than you are with your market?
- Does your marketing contain more ‘me’ and ‘we’ than ‘you’ and your’?
- Do you ever make money from your clients even at the expense of what’s best for them?
Believe or not, the answers to these questions have a great deal to do with your long term success and your ability to enjoy success when it comes.
“Imagination is more important than knowledge.”
This is probably the number one reason a good academic education rarely equals success in business. Business school can only teach you what millions of others already know. Imagination on the other hand, can distinguish you. It can inspire big ideas and a great vision. Of course imagination is only MORE important – so (humbly) i’d add to Einstein’s quote
Imagination is more important than knowledge – BUT GET BOTH!
Got an inspired thought? leave a comment.